Our Veggie Chili Cook-Off was really fun. We came, we tasted, we savored and we supported the environment. Here’s one of the winning recipes, Gail Merritt’s 3-Bean Chili, People’s Choice. Continue reading “People’s Choice Winner”
- Launching a new award called the Green Hero.
- Hosting a panel discussion entitled “The Journey of Going Greener”.
- Offering a tour of Roosevelt’s just-certified LEED Gold building. Tour begins at 5:15pm
- Featuring a raffle. Sign in and get one raffle ticket. Bring your own name tag made of reused materials, and we’ll give you an extra raffle ticket.
WHEN: Thursday, 29 November, 6pm
WHO: All nominees, applicants, and the general public
WHY: To celebrate and share greener practices that make a difference. Food, drink, and fun included!
WHERE: Roosevelt University, 425 South Wabash Avenue, Room 418 (4th floor)
Please join us in celebrating and recognizing the greener practices that make a difference.
Sample meat-free fare from local restaurants and learn how you can get involved at the community kickoff event for Meatless Mondays in May…MMM!
South Loop Community Church; 1347 S. State Street, on March 24, 2012, from 12p to 2p.
In addition to sampling meatless menu items from participating South Loop restaurants, participants will:
- Hear performances by the Jones College Prep High School jazz band and the South Loop Elementary School choir
- Learn about the environmental benefits of eating less meat and how to get involved in this earth-friendly campaign.
- Win great, green raffle prizes, such as I-Go Car Sharing certificate, Kill-a-Watt Energy Meter, CTA One-Day Transit Cards, Bicycle Helmet, Bicycle Air Pump, Bicycle Lights, Herb Garden Starter Kits, and more!
RSVP is required and participants are asked to bring a food donation for the church’s food pantry.
Invited guests include Alderman Robert Fioretti and Alderman Pat Dowell.